Saturday, February 7, 2009

Visit to the Vet...Round 2





















What a week it has been with our cat, Ollie! The poor thing and his paw have made me so sad! Wednesday seemed to be a promising visit with the vet, as she said it looked as if his paw pad was still attached enough that it could grow back. However, in the past 2 days, the paw pad kept peeling and peeling and the toe pads have since cracked. Since our normal vet couldn't take us for an appointment until Monday afternoon, I decided to take Ollie to the emergency vet this morning. First of all...this vet was SUPER nice and I wish she was our vet all of the time! She just kept telling Ollie how cute he was and how she loved his face :) One look at his paw and she determined that she had to cut the large paw pad off and noticed that the smaller toe pads are going to fall off. She also mentioned that his paw felt really warm :( The poor thing! But I knew we were in the right place and he was going to be taken care of. So, the tech comes in and takes Ollie from me...it was actually hard to not be able to go with him. I just wanted him to have a familiar face with him. I was texting back and forth with Brian and my mom and they were trying to make me feel better about everything. And then, I heard it...Ollie screaming like I had never heard before. It was such an awful feeling and as much as I say, "He's just a cat", I think if you have ever owned an animal, you know how I feel!






Soon afterwards the tech brought him back all bandaged up and she told me that he was fine when they were cutting the pad, but when they got to putting the bandage on, he wanted nothing to do with it!






Here are some photos of Ollie with his bandage...and the one above just to show you the look of tiredness on his poor little face!












No comments: