Thursday, July 30, 2009

Is it really summer?!

This summer has sucked. Period. The weather has been wacky...rain like you wouldn't believe...to the point where I have to remind myself that I live in New Hampshire and not Seattle, Washington. I have had enough of the water coming down from the sky. It's old...move on to another town that needs you.

Tomorrow is the last day of July. I can't believe it...I am in denial. Again...have I said...this summer has sucked?!

I feel like the past 2 months of my life have passed me by. While Brian and I are now the owners of a new puppy, Charlie...I feel like he is growing up right before our eyes. We have had him for 2 weeks and he has already doubled in size. I can't imagine how mothers of children must feel. I think I can somehow begin to relate what my sister is going through....her baby is no longer a baby...he no longer needs her help as much as he did. My animals are the only way that I can relate to people with children. I even found myself talking to the cashier girl at Target last night about Charlie teething (which is why I was buying $20 worth of teething treats and toys!). My arms look like I have been hurting myself...Charlie seems to find my skin more appetizing than his chicken filled tubes of rubber.

In 8 days, Brian and I are headed to Florida to meet our "new" niece. I say new loosely because she is already almost 4 months old. I am worried about being around a little baby. Something about them...their smell...their smiles...gives me baby fever big time. I can't wait to meet this little girl, as well as be able to visit with Adam, Holly, and Bryson. I miss them everyday and wish that we lived closer to each other.

So, in closing for this short little blog posting, I ask Mother Nature...is there anyway that you can extend summer to last through November? We kind of got jipped this year with spring lasting into July. If this happens, maybe then I might feel like my life isn't moving quite as fast and that my days aren't just blending all together.

No comments: