Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bruins season has begun!

Must be Bruins season because it's Thursday night and I am home alone! Brian and his friend are at their first "real" Bruins game of the season and are in heaven. They are season ticket holders this year, so Bruins fever hit my home a little early this year. Whatever makes hubby happy!

I have actually had some downtime this week. I feel guilty when I have nothing to do, but tonight I am not in the mood to dwell on that. I am sitting on the couch, blogging, watching Rachael Ray, and listening to Charlie go to town on his bone. Thank God for dog bones...they give me 10 minutes of play-free time in my puppy filled life!

For about the past 6 months, Brian and I have been searching for a new home. We are planning on keeping the 2 family we own, renting out both apartments, and moving to a place all of our own. After many drive-bys, 15 showings, and lots of other stuff, we have put an offer on a place. This only took place yesterday and since it's bank owned, I am anticipating that we will have a bit of a wait. The place we live in now has served its purpose for the past 4 years, but we are ready to move on. We need more space, especially for Charlie who is growing bigger (it seems) everyday! The little 3 pound baby we brought home a little over 2 months ago has quickly turned into a 30 pound dog. The house has been taken over with toys, bones, dog crates, and the like. Because of this, we need a place before a human baby comes along, whenever that may be.

And while we are on that topic...yes, we are thinking about it; yes, we have been trying; and no, it hasn't been working. It used to bug the crap out of me when people would ask, "When are you getting married?" but that was nothing compared to, "So, when are you going to have a baby?" Experiencing the journey that we have been has made me realize just how personal a question that is and I wish people would really think about it before asking. But, it's a question like, "Nice weather we're having huh?" It's a way for people to start a conversation and they assume that everyone is able to get pregnant. My answer has been, and will continue to be, "We have a puppy that we are practicing with." God willing, we will have a baby one day, but for now we have 3 "furbabies" :0)

I better get ready to focus on the Bruins game on TV. I tend to do this for the games that Brian is at so that when he gets home and talks about it, I know what he's talking about! However, House Hunters is on HGTV, so I might just have to switch back and forth!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Sarah, I hear ya on the "baby questioning" I used to burst into tears whenever anyone asked me about babies. We had been praying and trying, trying and praying so long before our little miracles arrived. Oh how it made me sad on numerous occasions. I pray it happens sooner rather than later for you. Love you!