Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Free Weekend!!!

When I woke up this morning, I was feeling a little bit of anxiety. I attributed that to the fact that Brian was on his way to Maine to skydive and I knew I wouldn't feel better until I heard his voice telling me that he made it down to the ground safe and sound. I told him that if I didn't hear from him by 3, I was going to be nervous. It was already an agreement between the 2 of us that he didn't have to call me all weekend while he was doing his bachelor thing, but he had to call me to tell me he made it safely to the ground below.
I knew that they had a class to take at 11 that lasted a half an hour, so when he called me at 12 to tell me they wouldn't be jumping for awhile, I was happy to talk to him. So, I kept busy by going to my appointment to get my hair trimmed and highlighted and sure enough at 3pm my phone rang with Brian saying, "My feet have touched the ground!" He sounded so happy and it's such a cool thing that he was able to experience that with his closest friends. They even got together and purchased the DVD for him, so I will get to see his jump tomorrow...so cool.
I think everyone thinks that I was going to be lost without Brian for the weekend. I mean, he works the night shift anyway, which means he sleeps during the day, so it doesn't seem that much different, except for the fact that I can't just walk upstairs and see him, but of course it's always good to have our own things with our friends. It will be great to see him tomorrow...can't wait to hear about his fun and crazy time with the guys!
This week coming up with be spent doing last minute stuff for the wedding. I have to have a short meeting with the caterer to give him a final guest count and go over details. Then, one last conversation with the DJ to confirm everything, and then we are off to city hall to get our marriage license! This is my second to last weekend of being a single girl!

No comments: