Monday, July 28, 2008

I think I have come down with baby fever...

Yes, it's true. I think I'm sick with baby fever. I had the symptoms several months ago, but they passed. Now they are back...what could this mean?! I told Brian, "I think I'm going through a phase." and he was surprisingly open to talking about it. Not like we are planning anything...there are a few things (testing of sorts due to Brian's blood deficiency) that need to be taken care of before we can think about having kids, but at least he was open to the idea. I am not naive by any means...I know that having a child isn't all fun and games, but it is rewarding. At the same time, I snap back to reality and wonder, "Will I be a good mommy?!" and that gets me over the fever for awhile.
I spent this evening with my nephew/godson, Mason so that Mindy and Calen could have some time out together and go to the movies. He just turned one and is getting brave with the walking thing. He is always in a good mood when I watch him and his 6-tooth smile melts my heart. I am amazed at how babies are born knowing nothing...they are a clean slate...and how they are raised and who they are raised with shapes them into the person that they will become. I was working on teaching him his nose, but he was more focused on dancing to the songs on the IPod...too funny!
So, maybe spending time with Mason with help with my baby fever...one can only hope! If not, maybe there is medicine I can take to help :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

I got it too, Sarah!