Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankful Thursday..er, Sunday ;)

I migrated over to someone else's blog today through Holly's blog and thought that she had a great idea! She started something called Thankful Thursdays on her blog and while it is Sunday today, I was inspired to jot down some things that I am thankful for :)

1. My husband. Brian is one of the best people that I know and he makes me feel very important. He knows just the right things to say or do to make me calm :) He is a great listener, a great friend, a great companion, and a great coffee maker ;) I am very lucky to call him my husband.

2. My family. While we are all very busy and may not talk to each other as much as I would like, I am thankful for each and every one of them. I see how some other families are and it makes me grateful to be part of such a fantastic family unit.

3. Our home. There are times I wish we had more space to move around in, but I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads and that I have a place to come home to every day.

4. Ollie and Sophie. Yes, it may be silly to be thankful for my kitty cats, but they make me happy. They keep me company while Brian is gone to work and that give me great comfort.

5. My friends. Like my family, I don't talk to my friends as much as I wish I could due to busy and conflicting schedules, but I am always thinking of them. Without them, there are some things in my life that I am not sure how I would have gotten through without them listening to me and giving me advice.

6. My job. There are many days where my job is frustrating, stressful, and boring, but without it I wouldn't have weekends off...get out at 3pm...and of course, pay the bills!

7. Old Navy's 50% off sale! hehe...I know this is silly, but today, I am grateful for this! I was able to purchase some outfits for my new niece and some pieces for myself...all for $17!!!

With Thanksgiving coming up this week, I am more pensive than usual about things that I am grateful for. However, I know that I want to stop more and realize the things in my life that are good. There is good in everything...sometimes it's harder to find the good in some things, but it is always there. I hope that you can all stop and take a moment to find the good things in your own lives :)

No comments: