Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Is January really half way done already?!

How can this be?! The days seem so long, yet when I look at the big picture, I can't believe that January is almost half way done! I feel like we just had Christmas and New Years! Maybe because the first part of 2009, every free second I had was spent downloading, editing, and uploading our wedding pictures! It's kind of funny how us getting them came about...well, not the beginning parts, but us discovering that they were in our possession is funny.

As many of you know, we had to battle with our photographer to get OUR photos. We paid for them, they were ours, and she was just being annoying and taking forever with getting them to us. I filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau...they never heard from her after contacting her twice...my mom was looking into a small claims case to get them...and then I sent her a nasty email on Christmas eve telling her how pissed I was with her "customer service". So, Brian and I head out to a nice dinner on New Years Eve for my dad's 50th birthday. We go out with my mom and dad, as well as Mindy, Calen, and Mason. My mom hesitantly brings up the pictures again, knowing that my blood boils everytime the topic is brought up. My dad ends the conversation by saying, "Well tomorrow is a new year, maybe you will get them soon." We go back to Mindy and Calen's place and are there until 1:30 in the morning and we head home. I have Brian check the mailbox and he runs ahead of me into the house (because he had to pee!). I get into the house, see a padded envelope and think it's something that I ordered online for my Disney scrapbook. I see the return address and it's from our photographer! I couldn't rip the envelope fast enough and poor Brian is trying to pee in peace and all I can say is, "No way!" So, we put the CDs into our computer and spend the next 2 hours checking out the close to 3,000 pictures (something tells me she just mailed them all to us so I would stop emailing her because we weren't supposed to get nearly that many!) I was beyond excited and going through all of the pictures was like reliving our wedding day all over again. I got goosebumps and butterflies in my stomach (not goosebumps in my stomach, just butterflies!) and I would have stayed up longer if I hadn't been up since 5:30 the previous morning!

That whole weekend was spent downloading the pictures to our computer, going through all of them, and then hours and hours (I'm not exaggerating this!) of uploading them all to Snapfish! I then had to spend time deciding which ones to order for the scrapbook (yes, I said scrapbook)...I'm crazy and insane and Brian just says, "Why don't you stick them in a photo album and call it a day?!" Yeah right, Brian. Not scrapbooking our wedding would be a sin for me and I just can't live with myself using a photo album! But the 500 pictures are ordered and will be coming in 5-7 business days from Snapfish...that will be another great day when the mailman comes!

So, I have to say that 2009 has been good to me so far. Yes, we are only 14 days into it, but I can't complain. While the days are colder and shorter and the nights seem shorter too, my life is good. I actually like having the excuse of snow and cold to be able to sit in sweatpants all weekend and do whatever I want. Hmm...I feel like doing groceries, I'll do that. Hmm...I feel like scrapbooking some Disney pages...I'll do that. Hmm...I feel like doing absolutely nothing, but sitting on my behind and watching forensic shows on channel 252...I'll do that!

With the new year comes talk of people's New Years' Resolutions. I have come to the conclusion that if I am not going to do any of my resolutions any other time throughout the year, than the new year is not going to be any different. I have thoughts in my head of things that I want to work on all throughout the year...so I'm a work in progress. As much as it can be frustrating at times that I am not the way that I want to be, I wouldn't have it any other way. Life would be dull if we were all perfect. Our differences are what make the world interesting. Sure, there are some people that I could do without....there are people that rub me the wrong way for no particular reason...and there are people that just don't get it...but we make the world go 'round. So, Happy New Year to everyone (even though the 1st month is already half way through!)

No comments: