Saturday, August 2, 2008

Adventures in Wedding Planning

*Since my sister-in-"love", Holly, just titled her recent blog, "Adventures in Babysitting", I decided to take her idea for my title!*

Today I am tired (and annoyed). I really have had it up to here (my hand is above my head).
This is what I am tired about:
I am tired of people telling me what I should and should not be doing for our wedding.
I am tired of people making it seem like I have done so many things wrong (not just with wedding stuff, but with "everyday" stuff).
I am tired of people making me feel like I am at fault for things that they know nothing about.
I am tired of feeling like I "have" to do something just to please other people. Like my counselor, Alexis, always tries to tell me..."Whose needs are being met when you do what other people want of you all of the time?" (sidenote...I love Alexis because she is really working hard with me to ensure that I am getting what I want [within reason of course!] and that I am not always trying to please other people).
I am tired of feeling like if I don't do what people want from me, then I am going to disappoint them and that it will be held against me.
I am tired of everyone worrying about other people being hurt. What the heck about me?! Do I not matter? Maybe if people took the time to dig deeper into things, they would realize that I have been hurt a lot in the past and my actions have reasons behind them.
I am tired of people not seeing me for who I really am. To this, I say, the people that do know are the people that matter to me. They are the ones that love me for who I am...that don't judge me...that know that I would give you the shirt off of my back if you needed it.
I am tired of people being 2 faced. Don't act one way in front of me, only for me to find out from someone else something different. Liars are a pet peeve of mine...it bugs me...there is no need for it. Just be honest. It might not always be the most comfortable thing at the time, but at least nobody can look back and say, "Well, you never knew how I felt".

Where I am today is for many reasons. Where everyone is today is for many reasons. We make decisions everyday that can affect our tomorrow. Sometimes these decisions are obvious and we know that when we make the decision, we are essentially "laying our own bed". Others are not so obvious. This is part of what life is all about. I have made decisions in my past that I am not happy about, but at the same time, if I didn't take the "right" instead of the "left" then I wouldn't be here today. My life would be completely different. This is true for everyone. People need to realize that what they have done in their life not only effects them, but it effects others as well. These effects can last days, or they can last a lifetime.

In closing, I need to just say that wedding planning hasn't been very difficult for us. I have heard some horror stories from others and we have had it pretty easy, which I consider us lucky for. However, I just wish these final 6 days would go smoothly.

No comments: