Sunday, August 31, 2008

Determined to organize!

Due to the fact that we were busy planning a wedding for the past 8 months, and more so the past month or so, other parts of our life were put on hold for a little bit. Once the wedding buzz was over with, I was able to sit back and see things for what they were and I noticed a commonality...unorganization! It was (and still is!) driving my nuts and I am determined to get organization back in my life! I started last week with my craft room. This once safe haven looked like a tornado had hit it...hard! I am lucky enough to be able to work on craft projects at my day job, so I would pack wedding stuff up, complete projects at work, and then bring the bags back home and dump them into the craft room. Since the room is upstairs, Brian and I are really the only ones that see it. However, I was realizing that looking for something was taking a lot longer than it usually did. And I found myself not even wanting to step foot in the room because of the craziness of it. So, when Brian went to work last Saturday night, I spent hours cleaning the room, organizing it again, and even finding things to throw away and put aside to sell in an upcoming yard sale. phew...I felt better!
Then while cleaning my "Purely Pomegranite" craft space, I came across many items that I had purchased over time for projects that I intended on putting together. I ended up organizing all of these items into bags for the project it went with and even started completing some of these projects! My Italy album is almost complete...Mason's 1st birthday album is finished...a scrapbook of Ollie and Sophie is finished...and I was even able to put together a little album for myself of my nephews! Fabulous! Now to tackle the larger ones such as the wedding, bridal shower, and then Disney!
Another BIG accomplishment that I am proud of is the purchase of a new washer and dryer this weekend! I have been asking Brian for awhile if we could get a larger washer and dryer, so that it could cut the loads of laundry down, while saving water and energy at the same time. We looked here and there, but nothing really jumped out at us. It helped us a lot that we received a good amount of money for gifts from friends and family from the wedding, so we took a trip to Home Depot yesterday and purchased a set! Thursday is going to be a fabulous day since that is when they will be delivered! It's everything I could have hoped for! Front loading...very large...and a great price! Who knew that I could ever get excited over purchasing a new washer and dryer?!
So, while getting organized is a lot of work and the house will probably get messier before it gets cleaner during the process, I know that it will be a great sense of accomplishment when things get back to normal. And hey, if our "trash" can become someone else's treasure at the yard sale, then making some extra cash doesn't hurt either!

No comments: