Monday, August 25, 2008

Hello, my name is Mrs. Soucy!

It has been several weeks since I last posted. I needed time to relax and take a break after the wedding was over, so I just sat back and did just that!
I know you are all dying to know how the wedding went! hehe...
The wedding day was the most amazing day of my life. It went better than I have envisioned it in my head and I think everyone had a really good time. Even though it started pouring on us when we started taking pictures (apparently, rain is good luck!), we still pulled through and took pictures in the rain. Our wedding party was awesome and was so agreeable with whatever Brian and I wanted them to do. I seriously could not have picked better people to be in the wedding party. I had read so many horror stories on my wedding website theknot.com about how some people had bad experiences with maids of honors, bridesmaids, and such. But honestly, we had no drama...everyone got along...everyone was helpful above and beyond what was expected of them...and I am closer to everyone now than before the wedding, which is a great feeling.
Everyone keeps asking me what it's like to be married. Honestly, I can't say that much has changed between Brian and I. Him and I have always been close, so I guess we have gotten closer since tying the knot, but I don't feel any different. Maybe it hasn't really hit me yet. Seeing as we just got our marriage certificate last week and I have started the process of changing my name, so maybe I will feel it soon (whatever it is I'm supposed to feel!).

And where are we going on our honeymoon you ask? We took a long weekend in Maine the weekend after the wedding, which was soooo nice! Brian works nights and I work days, so we rarely have time together, so to have that time was priceless. It was so peaceful and our hotel was beautiful...right on the water and so quiet. We had no real plans, but had a great time. Our "real" honeymoon is coming up in a couple of weeks. We are headed to Disney World, which we are really looking forward to! And then after all of this fun stuff is done, I will have time to scrapbook it all, which will be lots of fun! I have already started buying some stuff for my projects and hope to get started on some of them soon! My first project I want to do is my trip to Italy, which was last summer! That's how busy I have been! I haven't even scrapped something that happened last year!

So, that's the update. Nothing too exciting. Just trying to get back into "normal" life. Work is busy and I am enjoying free time and no wedding planning! Ciao :)

No comments: