Friday, September 19, 2008

Disney bound and so excited!!!

I am writing this in the midst of packing for our honeymoon in Disney, which we leave for in the morning. There is one last load of laundry in the dryer and then packing is on full force!

I am so excited to be leaving tomorrow! We are in need of a vacation and it's funny because for as long as Brian and I have known each other, we have never been on a plane together! We have taken many vacations together...even driving to Virginia for a Dave Matthews Band concert several summers ago, but never on a plane! Yup, I'm a dork...this little part of the trip makes me happy :) It's just one of many things that we haven't done together that we get to do!

Another reason why I am excited is because I get to see my brother, sister-in-love, and nephew tomorrow! Adam called me last weekend to inform me that they had received free tickets to The Animal Kingdom! How cool! While he insisted that it was our honeymoon and we were not obligated to see them at all, how could we not?! They live many miles away from us and now they will be in the same park that we are staying in! We are excited to be able to spend time with them...I know it will be fun!

As we are getting ready for this trip, I am reminded how lucky we are. We decided that we would register for this honeymoon and not for anything else. We purchased our home almost 3 years ago and got lots of new stuff then, so we didn't feel the need to register at Macys or Target, so we went through Disney. Between friends and family purchasing items on our registry, money raised for us at our Jack and Jill, and money given to us in our wedding cards, we have not had to pay one penny for this trip! How fabulous :) I know that we are very fortunate to have friends and family that are so supportive of us and very generous :) I just know that I am going to take advantage of every second in Disney World! We only get one honeymoon and I have already informed Brian that I will probably be one, big kid there!

So, I should get back to packing! I will be sure to post when we return and get settled back into home life! xo

No comments: